Water Color Panda Party

     I am having so much fun now that I have learned how to water color a little! I saw a couple different techniques on a YouTube video on adding different things to your water when you water color, like salt and bleach. I used salt on this card and it looks pretty cool. The colors are a bit dark but I don't think it looks too bad!
      I did this one for a friend to give to her Grand Daughter for Valentine's Day! She loves the Party Pandas Set and wanted some sparkle... So this is what I came up with and she was very happy with it! It is dark but it looks very nice.
     I will venture off to some different colors one of these days, my daughter would like to see it in blues and greens so maybe I will do something like that next 😉 I find myself grabbing my Party Pandas set for almost everything lately, it is just too adorable!
     I have done 3 water color cards so far and they all pretty much have the same layout because I really like the look of it. But to create this really cute water color card is very simple...

The first thing I did is put about a teaspoon of salt is a small glass about half full of water. Stir it until the salt is completely dissolved and your good to go...
   I cut my water color paper a little big so I could trim it once I was finished. That way if there is somewhere you messed up a bit, you can cut it off.
   Take a brush and use the salt water to add a layer of just water to the paper then with your aqua painters add a little water to the drops of ink then pick up a little and just touch down the tip of the aqua painter and that will give you this look. I randomly touched down with the 3 colors I used to make this background.
   Then just heat it with the heat tool too dry it a little faster or set it aside while you design the rest of the card. Voila... beautiful water color background!
   
     Oh! And just a tip... don't through out pieces you test with as you can use them for cutting out any little pieces you may need. Just like I did for the 2 little hearts on the front and inside.

  Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Blackberry Bliss 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
Blackberry Bliss 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
[133675]
$8.75
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
[133648]
$4.00
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$21.50
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
[133648]
$4.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box