Party Panda Birthday

     I was up bright and early this morning so decided to go upstairs to my card room so I didn't wake anyone else it the house. I had a rather productive morning I would have to say!
     First of all I did a CASE from one of the Demonstrators on the Facebook page. She had done these cards using the Party Pandas from this years Sale-A-Bration Brochure.  You can also find her smaller card on Pinterest as well.  The Party Pandas set was the first set I had to have and I finally got to play with it! For the most part I am pleased with how everything turned out but...


     I think I will try another one seeing as I messed up a little on the inside of this one... you can't see it now because I fixed it by using the Layering Ovals to cover it up. I smudged the Panda pretty bad and had it all glued so this was the easiest way to fix it.  As you can see in her video, it looks much better without the mat! 


     You can get both sizes of card from 1 piece of 8.5 x 11 card stock. 
*  The base to the regular sized card is cut at 5 1/2 x 11 and scored at 4 1/4 x 7 5/8  to avoid the fibers of the card breaking down with a lot of opening and closing... when you score, score the first score line then flip the card stock over and score the second line.
*  The mat for the regular sized card is cut to 5 x 10 1/2 and scored at 4 x 7 3/8
*  You can color the balloons but I liked how the DSP looked so I chose to do that for my cards

*  The base to the narrow card is cut to 2 1/2 x 11 and scored at 4 1/2 x 7 3/4
*  The mat is cut to 2 1/1 x 10 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4 x 7 1/2

The colors are entirely up to you! 

Product List
      This was such a fun card to make! I finally played with the Brusho Crystals, the first attempt wasn't as good as this one so I used this one 😉  I also wanted my panda to face the other direction so I tried the mirroring technique using my silicone mat. I had to color in his legs but for the most part it turned out pretty good! This was the first card in a long time I didn't CASE from Pinterest. 



Product List
Word Window Punch  - Digital Download
Word Window Punch  - Digital Download
[122161]
$1.25
Modern Label Punch
Modern Label Punch
[119849]
$22.95
Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker
Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker
[131902]
$4.50

Comments

  1. Wow! I love such cards! I am so happy that you shared the steps as well. I am definitely going to make this for my niece’s birthday. I have been given the responsibility of deciding the event venue and also for the decoration. I am in love with this card, it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you on such kind words! Thank you so much for liking my card! I love to share my cards for others to CASE as that is where most of my inspiration also comes from :)
    Thanks Again!!
    Happi Crafting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box