Spooky Cat Halloween Treat Holder

I had a great time making treat holders for Halloween this year!
I just love the new Spooky Cat stamp set from the 2017-2018 Holiday Catalog! Creating all of these treat holders was so much fun!
Unfortunately I had to use some retired products but most of you will likely have them so that's ok ;)  If you're like me, you stock up on things!


I got the instruction for the test tubes (image 1) on YouTube, video by Wanda Smith! Putting the link to her video is way easier that trying to type out the instructions.  The colors are Elegant Eggplant & Pumpkin pie Ink & Card Stock and I believe the bat punch is called Bitty Bat and is retired.




 The little witch hat (image 3) & the pillow box (image 5) are also videos on YouTube by Julie Davison and are just awesome! She cut the top off her Pillow Box but I kept mine intact and did the hat to sit right on the corner. I found a lot of my inspiration on Pinterest but everything was with retired stamp sets so i tried to use as much current stuff as I could. If you don't have the Spider Web Doilies, you can just use regular Doilies and die them black.   



Image #2 is done using the Gift Bag Punch Board, using the "S" measurement, so it's cut to 10" x 7.25". Putting the long side into the punch board and follow the instructions on the board. 
The Punch Boards are so great because there are so many things you can do with them, all the crafty creative people out there can do such amazing things.


Lastly, #4 was done using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and putting a belly band around it.
The holder part is cut @ 2" x 8.5" then scored at 4.75"x 6.50". Once you have it scored you can just punch both ends with the tag topper punch.  The belly band is cut @ 2" x 8.50" and scored at 1.50", 3", 5" and 6.50". One of the ends with be a bit short so I put that to the inside.  I did glue the belly band to the base to make it a little stronger depending on the treat inside.


The colors I used are Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant Ink and Card Stock, I also used the Black Glimmer paper, Happy Haunting DSP and Halloween Night Specialty DSP, but depending on what colors you want to use, your colors will differ.



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Tree Punch
Tree Punch
[135859]
$22.00
Howl-O-Ween Treat Clear-Mount Bundle
Howl-O-Ween Treat Clear-Mount Bundle
[140840]
$47.50
Clothespins
Clothespins
[133764]
$5.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box