Christmas Cheer Gift Card Holder

     Last year I carried on my Mom's tradition of doing the 12 days of Christmas with my daughter. She had done it every year buy one since my daughter was about 2, I can't remember exactly when she started it... but I can't remember yesterday so... 😂 I decided instead of giving my 16 year old a bunch of stupid things she would likely never use and I would likely toss in the garbage before long, I would give her gift cards instead.  It was a great idea, it was a hit!
     Her birthday is Boxing Day so we usually go shopping in the city seeing as it's still a pretty busy day for most families.  She was able to spend around $200-$250 in gift card money so it was all good!  I think doing it that way is a much better way of doing it, what do you think?

     I thought I would get a head start on Gift Cards for this year as it is a great way to give a gift and still have the recipient have a choice in what to buy. I have a few people that like to have a few Card Holders as that is what they mostly give. It's great for gift exchanges in the family too.


Instructions for the Christmas Cheer Gift Card Holder:
*  I started with the inside little box which is cut @ 3.75" x 4.75" and scored @ 1" all the way around.  Once it's scored, cut one side of the corner squares so you can fold up the ends to adhere the box together.
*  Inside the little box will be an insert that the gift card fits in that is cut @ 2.75" x 3.5" and is scored in the landscape position @ 7/8", 1 7/8" and 2 7/8".  Fold it in half and leaving about an inch depending on the size of your gift card, use the Word Window Punch, punch a tab that looks like image #1 below.  Once you have it punched, you can fold the other score lines and adhere it to the inside of the box as you can see in image #2

                              Image #1                                           Image #2


*  The outside piece is cut @ 3.5"x 11" and scored at 4.5" and 6.5" and then using the Word Window Punch again, punch the handle at the top. I put the ends together and punched down about a quarter inch and centered. From here you can decorate as desired 😉


Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box