Carols Of Christmas Box Set

     Its taken me a couple days to figure out what I wanted to do but I managed today to finally figure it out! I decided to do a Clean And Simple (CAS) set including 5 cards and a simply decorated box to hold the cards.  I am really very pleased with how it turned out and how fast it went 😊

    We got an email at work the other day about a fundraising event for a co-worker. They are going through a tough time and have to spend 3-4 months in Edmonton during recovery. We are from Saskatchewan so being that far away is going to be rather costly.
     I'm not going to be able to go to the event but I definitely wanted to do something!  In the email it said they are going to do a silent auction which is a great idea, so I decided I would donate something!
     As usual, I spent a bit of time on Pinterest trying to get some inspiration from all the beautiful things everyone creates! I would have to say I don't spend near as much time on SplitCoastStampers as I used to... I still go over there now and again but I prefer Pinterest, SplitCoast does have lots of instructions for projects thought. Head over and check it out!


     This is the first box of this kind I've ever done... took me a little while to figure out how to make it but I managed to figure it out and it wasn't even that hard πŸ˜‚ The cards I'm sure you can figure out by the supply list but I will help you out with the box itself.

Carols of Christmas Box Set - Instructions
     First of all the bottom of the box - Cut your desired CS or DSP to 6 1/2" x 7 3/4" and then score it at 1" and at 2" all the way around, all 4 sides are the same. Then you can cut the corner to look like this...   There will be 3 squares on each corner to cut off. I apologize for the picture, I forgot to take a pic before I did the cutting. Hopefully you can figure it out by my colored squares πŸ˜‰ 

 

     Once you have a piece that looks like this you can fold all the score lines.  The outside flap will fold over top and give you a smooth looking box.
Now is the lid made with Window Sheets. I don't use these often but I am always happy with my project when I do!
Cut your piece of Window Sheet to 6 3/8" x 7 3/4" and score all the way around at 1". Using my Simply Scored tool and stylus, I used quite a bit of pressure and went over it a few times.  Window Sheets are a little tougher to fold even when scoring pretty hard.

I even fancied up the bottom of the box! Shhh... I fixed an πŸ™Š... It didn't stamp correctly when I stamped my Personal Mark so this is how I fixed it!


A very easy thing with all the different Framelits Stampin' Up! has 😊

If you have any addition questions about this post, Please leave me a comment... I'd love to hear from you πŸ˜ƒ


Product List

Comments

  1. Very pretty set, and clear box instructions - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm glad my instructions are understandable lol... I have a hard time wording things sometimes and I haven't gotten brave enough to do videos!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box